Graduate from the online MS in Learning Design and Technology at George Mason University ready to design and implement learning experiences that help people improve their performance with new knowledge, skills, and abilities.
Unlike other degree programs, our core curriculum includes not only the basic competencies set forth by the International Board of Standards for Training, Performance, and Instruction (IBSTPI), but also the advanced and managerial competencies that prepare you for more senior roles.
You can step into new roles like learning or instructional designer, e-learning developer, and UX designer with your new abilities to:
- Analyze and evaluate learning technologies, programs, and trends
- Collaborate with business leaders and subject matter experts
- Design and implement new learning solutions
- Manage projects through their entire life cycle
3 Program Options
Learning design is a rapidly growing industry that applies to all sectors of business. Mason offers three graduate program options so you can match your academic needs to your career goals:
- MS in Learning Design & Technology
- MS in Learning Design & Technology with Learning Technologies Certificate with a Concentration in E-Learning
- Learning Technologies Certificate with a Concentration in E-Learning
All 15 credits form the Learning Technologies Certificate with a Concentration in e-Learning may be applied to the online Master’s in Learning Design and Technology, and you will need only 17 additional credits to earn your master’s.
The online MS in Learning Design and Technology program accepts applications on a rolling basis and is currently accepting applications. Applicants for the online program should apply here. Fall application fees have been waived.Request Info