Many undergraduate, graduate, and certificate courses are offered either fully online or in a hybrid online format (partially online). Students should be aware that some courses with class instruction and assignments fully online may still require a campus presence for orientations, period tests, final exams, or labs.
After selecting a term below, click on “Course Details” to the right of each listed course to find detailed course information including:
- Delivery Methods: Specifies the delivery mode (fully online or hybrid online with required face-to-face meetings) and interaction mode (asynchronous or synchronous)
- Prerequisite: Indicates any previous course work or requirements for enrollment
- Section Notes: Contains information about any mandatory face-to-face meetings or on-campus testing requirements
- Campus Codes: Specifies where class meetings will take place. The campus code for a fully online course is either “NE” or “NET.” Hybrid online courses will use the following location codes to indicate the location of face-to-face meetings: Fairfax (FX), Arlington (AR), Prince William County (PW), Loudon County (LC), Study Abroad (SA), and Off Campus (OC)
- Status: Indicates whether a course is open, cancelled, or has a waitlist
Select a term below to view a list of scheduled courses with more than 50% of the instruction offered online.