Mason’s online degree program is an adult degree completion program designed especially for community college AAS graduates in the areas of business or technology. The BAS concentration in technology and innovation takes people who have completed an AAS in a technology- or a business-related field and helps them achieve workplace and industry-wide technical competencies. Being competitive in the current job market is an important program goal. Classes such as Information Security Fundamentals and Managing Information in a Global Environment blend business know-how and information technology to help prepare business people for state workforce demands and the global marketplace.
Some Facts about the BAS Degree
- Builds on your current skills to make you more competitive in Virginia’s growing workforce.
- Online courses are scheduled throughout the year and taught by outstanding Mason faculty.
- There are no geographical constraints; the BAS degree is online, so you can complete assignments from anywhere.
- Student support services, including phone consultations, are available to help you stay connected with the university and keep you on track to graduate.
- Internships and experiential-based activities build the competence you need where you live and work.
If you live in Virginia, have an associate’s degree in applied science in a technology or business-related field from one of Virginia’s community colleges, and are at least seven years out of high school, this degree is designed for you. Visit the BAS website to see whether the bachelor of applied science in technology and innovation is the right degree for you.