Financial Aid

To be considered for federal funds (including loans), you must complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) using your federal tax return information.

link to fill out a FAFSA

The four basic steps are:

1. Apply for Federal Student Aid
2. Apply for Stafford Loan
3. Review Student Aid Report (SAR)
4. Review Award Letter

If you are a U.S. citizen or permanent resident and plan to apply for aid, you should complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and submit it to the federal processor. FAFSA forms are available on the web at or George Mason University’s Title IV code for the FAFSA is 003749.

Several weeks after you submit the FAFSA, you will receive a Student Aid Report (SAR). Check the SAR carefully for errors. If corrections need to be made, send them in as soon as possible. Also, mail any requested documents to the Office of Student Financial Aid. An award notification cannot be sent until all requested forms have been received.

Student Accounts Office

Contact the Student Accounts Office for services and inquiries concerning tuition and bill payment.

Student Union Building I (SUB I)
Suite 1600

4400 University Drive
Fairfax, VA 22030

Tel: (703) 993-2484